Data acquisition for robots
Collecting data and using the data to make decision is an essential part of robotics. In this course you will learn how to gather sensor data into a database and how to use it.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn to collect sensor data into Text files.
- Learn to control your robot using Text files.
- Learn to install a database server.
- Learn to collect data from the robot into SQL.
- Learn to control your robot from a database.
- Learn to use SQL data to make control decisions.
Curriculum For This Course
- This course is designed to suit users of either the EV3 home edition or the EV3 education edition.
- Users are required to have a Windows 10 PC with Bluetooth. (Most Windows 10 laptops have built in bluetooth support)
- Users will need to download Ozeki 10 from www.ozeki.hu
- Users will need to know the basics of Ozeki 10 and Lego robots. Read more information in this course.
The sensors of the robot provide a huge amount of data per second, and it can be very useful if that data can be stored into a text file or a database, where you can analyze these data, and your robot can make real time control decisions according to the collected data.
With this course you will get an introduction to the basics of collecting, analyzing and manipulating data. The first few lectures will show you how you store sensor data into a text file and how you can control your robot by reading a text file. Then you are going to build your MySQL server where you can collect and read the data from the sensors into tables. With databases you will be able to not only control the robot but use the database to make robot control decisions.
As all the courses before this one is also provides an easy to follow step-by-step instructions and quiz questions. Enjoy the course!
Who is the target audience?
This course is designed for learners who don't get scared of some bigger amount of data and can collect and analyze the data from the robot with enthusiasm.